What is Housing Related Support?
Housing Related Support is a service which assists previously homeless and /or vulnerable people to live independently in their own accommodation.
The aim of this service is to support people in managing their own home to retain independence and enhance their quality of life.
Who is it for?
This service is for anyone over the age of 16 who has a housing related support need. Below are some examples of where a housing related support need may be present:
- A person or household that need help to move into and set up a new home.
- A person or household who are currently in temporary accommodation waiting for permanent housing.
- A person or household already established in their home and they are experiencing difficulties, for example:
- Rent arrears,
- Lack of essential furniture or household items,
- Little or no income,
- Difficulties with budgeting,
- Problems with managing household bills,
- Inappropriately housed,
- Socially isolated.
The service can work with people regardless of whether they live in a council tenancy, a housing association, a private tenancy or even those in their own home.
What do we provide?
Our service will provide a dedicated Housing Support Worker to assist people with all aspects of managing a home:
Support will normally last between 6 to 12 months; the support offered will depend on the present situation of the person or household.